Bogus Lies (and) Ordinary Greatness

I started, what I call, articlulate writing years and years ago. Some of it was free associate writing, automatic writing, or what ever you chose to call it. It was, and still is, a fun outlet for me. Some of it, no one has ever read before. A lot of it .... maybe nobody should...


Monday, July 16, 2018



Where is this going? Can you guess?



I looked at him, wondering if Sarah had put him up to this. “No. Things at home couldn’t be better. Me and Sarah are still as close as two peas in a pod. I never felt more connected to her.” I looked at him hard and long. “Bob, you know that!”
He shrugged. “Yes, you appear to be the same love-sick idiots you always were.” He looked away. “I don’t know, I just can’t figure out why you’re still around here. If it was me, I’d be out the door the second I could.”
“You know I like it here.”
“Your comfortable here.” Bob laughed. “No one likes it here.”
“Maybe like is too strong of a word.”
“I may “like” it here, but I know I would like my freedom better. Being able to do what I wanted whenever I wanted.”
“I guess, truth is, I’m just a creature of habit.”
“That is such a piss-pour excuse.”
“I know. I know. But I just hate change. I get comfortable and I just don’t want to move.”

“You’re a fool.”

No comments:

Post a Comment